ContekPro is a fast-growing tech-manufacturing startup based in Portland, OR. We leverage technology and modularity to revolutionize the way we build commercial kitchens and produce food. Our vision is to help inspire, create and share incredible food experiences.
Our product is a pre-assembled fully-equipped modular kitchen, manufactured in our plant, and delivered in a few weeks only. Our kitchen modules aim to empower restaurants and food service providers by saving them time, money and hassle, while offering an environment-friendly alternative to traditional brick and mortar kitchens. We have delivered over 100 + units throughout the USA, Caribbean, and Africa. Our customers are food chains, hotels, resorts, and restaurants.
We are looking for a highly motivated Production Manager who feels comfortable evolving in a fast-paced assembly environment for off-site construction of modular kitchens. You’ll have the opportunity to evolve in a small team where everything needs to be built and work closely with the founding team. As a Production Manager, your main mission will be to build the structure to achieve efficient and scalable modular manufacturing. You’ll plan and assign work, implement processes, and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. You’ll create and drive a culture of continuous improvement through the plant operation by applying Lean manufacturing principles.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Implement the necessary standard production and operation procedures to effectively translate the designs into manufacturing documentation and instructions while maintaining efficiency and reducing delays and waste
- Share production feedback with the architectural design and engineering team to optimize the pre-production phase
- Implement product traceability and shop floor tracking and establish statistics control on key processes and profile validation
- Plan, review, adjust and control our production schedule in a Make-to-Order environment
- Monitor and control equipment usage, maintenance, and procurement
- Ensure health and safety compliance
- Implement quality control checks and alerts
- Develop and maintain production reports
What You Bring To The Table
- You have 2-3 years of experience in production/manufacturing management or construction project with direct responsibility for production planning and scheduling (Offsite / Modular Construction Experience is highly appreciated)
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing
- You have experience applying Lean Manufacturing principles to drive continuous improvement
- You know how to lead process improvement initiatives
- You are proficient in reading and interpreting engineering prints
- You consider yourself tech-savvy and have strong computer knowledge and efficiency, including ERP/MRP, MS Office, and project management softwares
- You have past supervisory and management experience (preferred)
- Language: Spanish proficiency (preferred)
- You will occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas
- You must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds
- You may be exposed to prolonged loud noises, scents, and fragrances
- You may be requested to work overtime and weekends
- Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The working conditions of this position requires working both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time off
- Health insurance
- Paternity and maternity leave
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Bonus opportunities
- Free coffee and healthy snacks!
We are requiring all in-office employees to wear masks and sanitizing daily. We are flexible with the interview process and will use phone and video for the first two interviews.
Send your resume: email@example.com