ContekPro is a fast-growing tech-manufacturing startup based in Portland, OR. We leverage technology and modularity to revolutionize the way we build commercial kitchens and produce food. Our vision is to help inspire, create and share incredible food experiences.
Our product is a pre-assembled fully-equipped modular kitchen, manufactured in our plant, and delivered in a few weeks only. Our kitchen modules aim to empower restaurants and food service providers by saving them time, money and hassle, while offering an environment-friendly alternative to traditional brick and mortar kitchens. We have delivered over 100 + units throughout the USA, Caribbean, and Africa. Our customers are food chains, hotels, resorts, and restaurants.
We are looking for highly motivated Welders/fabricators to help us change the future of modular kitchens.
The hired candidate will have a great deal of responsibility . Your duties extent beyond the typical welder/fabricator job. You are expected to constantly improve on processes, suggest new materials, new tools, LEAN manufacturing, adopt new safety measures, reshuffle storage locations, inventory etc.
Cool Things You Will Do
- Cut, weld, repurpose shipping containers
- Grind rust, repair dents, measure and cut accurately all types of metals
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Sets up and operates welding equipment to weld, repair, join or fabricate parts by working with blueprints, sketches or verbal orders.
- Assist in training less experienced employees in set-up and quality production standards.
- Work in the shop as a positive addition to the workforce
What You Bring To The Table
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent; three or more years of work related experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
- A go-getter who demonstrates the initiative and work ethic able to perform each essential duty successfully.
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Organization & Time Management
- Project Management
- Blue Print Reading
- Mechanical Aptitude
- You will occasionally be required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas
- You must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds
- You may be exposed to prolonged loud noises, scents, and fragrances
- You may be requested to work overtime and weekends
- Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The working conditions of this position requires working both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time off
- Health insurance
- Paternity and maternity leave
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Bonus opportunities
- Free coffee and healthy snacks!
How to Apply:
Send your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org