Develop and coordinate the project estimates by analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation while working with Contekpro production, subcontractors, suppliers and other stakeholders in order to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services. Primary focus of this role is on projects for the SiteBox Storage, CoverSix Shelters, and Specialist Services Contekpro (SSRG) divisions of the company with an expectation to assist with estimating projects for other company divisions as time permits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Reads and reviews request for quotes (RFQs), request for proposals (RFPs), Statement of Work (SOW), specifications, drawings, and other customer supplied documents to gain full understanding of project requirements.
* Evaluate projects for construContekproctability, research unknown variables, and value-engineer for cost savings
* Clarify project requirements, seek missing data and communicate schedule with sales
* Communicate project requirements to management, suppliers, vendors, legal, supply chain, production, sales and others stakeholders
* Research and gain a deeper understanding of project-specific requirements in order to identify specialty subcontractors and suppliers that fulfill the unique requirements of the project
* Consults with sales, clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
* Determines material and labor requirements for use in estimating project price at an acceptable profit margin
* Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized
* Collaborate with designer/drafter & engineering department to develop floor plans, elevation views, and other bid documentation
* Understand and evaluate Contekpro’s risk as part of the proposal preparation process
* Produce project proposal and other bid presentation documents and support sales in presentation and client Q & A
* Analyze completed projects with manufacturing accounting to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
* Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
* Promote and hold others accountable for a safe working environment
* Observe safety and security procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business from an accredited university or 2 years of relatable work experience
* Read & understand engineering drawings, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, structural, site and floor plan drawings, as well as, specifications, regulations, statements of work, and other technical documents
* Understand basic construction practices to design & price custom modules
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
* Strong verbal, written, listening, and communication skills
* Knowledge of how to calculate project costs and apply margin to ensure profitability goals are met
* Prior construction estimation, project management and/or manufacturing estimation experience and solid understanding to design, price and manage custom products
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
* Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
* Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
* Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
All employees are aware and able to apply for this role.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Woman/Minority/Disability/Veteran