ContekPro is a fast-growing tech-manufacturing startup based in Portland, OR. We leverage technology and modularity to revolutionize the way we build commercial kitchens and produce food. Our vision is to help inspire, create and share incredible food experiences.
Our product is a pre-assembled fully-equipped modular kitchen, manufactured in our plant, and delivered in a few weeks only. Our kitchen modules aim to empower restaurants and food service providers by saving them time, money and hassle, while offering an environment-friendly alternative to traditional brick and mortar kitchens. We have delivered over 100 + units throughout the USA, Caribbean, and Africa. Our customers are food chains, hotels, resorts, and restaurants.
We are looking for a highly motivated Production Superintendent who feels comfortable evolving in a fast-paced assembly environment for off-site construction of modular kitchens. You’ll have the opportunity to evolve in a small team where everything needs to be built.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Oversee all plant employees, production, materials, equipment, routine maintenance, and tools to ensure efficiency and remain on schedule for the manufacturing of modules
- Ensure that each project is built per the plans, specs, building code and delivered to the client with the highest level of quality
- Conduct meetings with floor personnel to ensure work is properly delegated and production is met safely with quality
- Maintain the ability to prioritize duties and projects to ensure they remain on schedule
- Support and strive towards safety in all facets of the manufacturing facility
- Resolve production and safety issues that arise and complete required logs, ensure shop equipment, parts and supplies are being ordered, tracked, maintained, and available as required
- Take the lead to resolve manufacturing issues
- Work closely with the Production Manager (PM) in the planning and communication of daily plant activities and projects
- Coordinate inventory and manage materials and notify PM of material needs as required so that orders can be placed in a proactive and timely manner
- Recruit plant employees
- Provide a daily/weekly update and review of the project with the PM so that the PM can update the schedule
What You Bring To The Table
- You have at least 5-year experience in manufacturing or construction. Modular construction experience is highly appreciated
- You have a High school education or equivalent
- You are proficient in reading and interpreting engineering prints
- You have direct supervisory and management experience
- You have excellent communication and organization abilities
- You consider yourself tech-savvy and have computer knowledge and efficiency, including ERP/MRP, MS Office, and project management software
- Language: Spanish proficiency (preferred)
- You will occasionally be required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas
- You must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds
- You may be exposed to prolonged loud noises, scents, and fragrances
- You may be requested to work overtime and weekends
- Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The working conditions of this position requires working both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time off
- Health insurance
- Paternity and maternity leave
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Bonus opportunities
- Free coffee and healthy snacks!
We are requiring all in-office employees to wear masks and sanitizing daily. We are flexible with the interview process and will use phone and video for the first two interviews.